Advocacy Alert: 6/2/2009
CDC Solicits More Input on Its Draft 5-Year Plan
Updated: VIRTUAL LOBBY DAY ACTION #4
Provide comment to CDC on its draft research plan
On April 27, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) hosted a public meeting to gather input on its chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) research program to develop a 5-year plan. The draft plan was presented at the May 27 meeting of the federal CFS Advisory Committee. It is now posted on CDC's web site at http://www.cdc.gov/cfs/draft_5yr_research_plan.htm.
These are its main components:
- CFS Public Health Research Program Strategy
- Research Program Strategy Involved 3 Coordinated Complementary Tactical Components
- CFS Public Health Research Program Goals
- Research Program Strategy Involved 4 Coordinated Complementary Goals
- CFS Public Health Research Program 5-year Activities & Milestones Associated with Goals
After questioning CDC representatives about the plan, on May 28 the federal CFS Advisory Committee recommended to the Secretary of Health that she "Establish progressive leadership at the CDC that can achieve efficient meaningful progress in CFS research, clinical care and education."
CDC will accept written comments on the plan until June 30, 2009. You can use our simple form to send your comments to CDC or send them directly to CFSResearchPlan@cdc.gov. We have intentionally left the main comment area blank so that responses are individualized.