Advocacy Alert: 6/2/2009
Updated/New Alerts Posted -- Please take action!
We've updated our Virtual Lobby Day Action Alerts to reflect the recommendations made at last week's meeting of the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Advisory Committee (CFSAC). Check out the Association's Grassroots Action Center to take action on these five alerts:
- Action 1: Contact your local media to help raise awareness about CFS.
- Action 2: Write to Secretary of Health Kathleen Sebelius and ask her to act on the CFSAC's recommendations. (Now updated to send your comments by e-mail.)
- Action 3: Ask President Obama, Vice President Biden and your elected members of Congress to strengthen CFS research
- Action 4: Provide comments to the CDC on its 5-year research plan for CFS. (Visit http://www.cdc.gov/cfs/draft_5yr_research_plan.htm)
- Action 5: Thank Dr. Wanda Jones for making the CFSAC meeting accessible by videocast. (Visit http://videocast.nih.gov/Summary.asp?File=15130 to access the archived video from Day 1.)
All of these Alerts can be found at http://capwiz.com/cfids/home/. Since launching our fifth annual Virtual Lobby Day on May 11, more than 3,000 messages have been sent through the Grassroots Action Center to support increased research, education and awareness. Even if you responded to our mid-May alerts, add your voice now to these calls for action!
More advocacy news will follow in the June edition of our free monthly e-newsletter, CFIDSLink. Click here to sign up for the monthly e-mailing.
Thank you for participating in community-based advocacy!