From the CEO's Desk
Think of this as the American Idol of philanthropy…
Chase Community Giving has donated $10 million to 300 winning charities in 35 states by allowing individuals to vote for their favorite charities. The CFIDS Association of America is eligible for the spring 2011 challenge and we want (one of) your vote(s)!
We are currently ranked #22 in the voting, but we need your help to remain in contention for $25,000 as the Round 1 of the contest comes to a close.
Here's how it works: Chase Community Giving Spring 2011 has two rounds of voting. Round 1 runs until Wednesday, May 4, 2011. The 100 eligible charities with the most votes will win $25,000 each and move on to Round 2. Based on the votes received in Round 2, which goes from May 19 until May 25, 2011, these charities may be able to receive up to $500,000 in additional donations! Everyone who becomes a part of Chase Community Giving on Facebook gets 10 votes to use during Round 1 and five votes during Round 2.
You can only vote for each eligible charity only once, although you can get your friends to rally behind your favorites using Facebook and Twitter. Through May 4 you can cast your vote for the CFIDS Association of America and 9 other favorite charities. Please cast one of your votes for the CFIDS Association!
Prize money awarded to the CFIDS Association will support research into more effective diagnostics and treatments for CFS. We issued a new Request for Applications to the research community, with letters of intent due on June 3, 2011. (See http://www.cfids.org/research/rfa-2011.asp)
- From your Facebook page, go to Chase Giving Community: http://www.facebook.com/ChaseCommunityGiving
- "Like" the Chase Giving Community by clicking on the "Like" button.
- Now go to the CFIDS Association's Chase Giving page at http://bit.ly/eKvtwh or "search" for "CFIDS Association."
- Cast your vote by clicking the "Vote Now!" button. (You have to "allow" Chase Giving to access your account info in order for your vote to count.)
- Search other eligible organizations for whom you want to vote, up to 10 per Facebook account. (Only charities with an annual budget of $1-10 million are eligible for this challenge.)
Please ask friends and family to vote too. It's an easy way to expand funding for crucial CFS research! Their votes will be critical if we make it to the contest’s second round!
President & CEO
The CFIDS Association of America
May 3, 2011
CFIDSLink is offered free-of-charge to anyone who requests it. Please help us continue being able to provide this service. Donate now.